The Government of India has launched several schemes in order to improve the newly-born and Pregnant women condition. Janani Suraksha Yojana is one of them which was launched with an aim to help the Pregnant women by providing them some financial assistance.
The Prime Minister of our Country, Shri Narender Modi, has introduced “Janani Suraksha Yojana”.The Government will provide the financial protection to the country’s Pregnant Women under this program. This scheme would help in improving the condition of pregnant women and newly-born baby. The scheme will only for the Women who live below the poverty line.
Janani Suraksha Yojana 2021 :-
The Government separates the Pregnant women in to two groups under Janani Suraksha Yojana, in the ground of which the government will provide them financial support. Below are the following categories:-
1) Rural Areas Pregnant Women
2) Urban Areas Pregnant Women
Rural Areas Pregnant Women :- The Central Government will offer the financial assistance of about Rs 1400 as a part of Janani Suraksha Yojana to all women who are pregnant and are below the poverty line. Also Asha Partners will have distribution benefits of Rs 300 and will get Rs 300 more for the delivery support.
Urban Areas Pregnant Women :- The Central Government will offer the financial help of Rs 1000 as a part of this scheme. Also like Rural Areas, Asha Partners will have distribution benefits of Rs 200 and will get Rs 200 more for the delivery support.
Janani Suraksha Yojana 2021 Objective:-
We all know that women who live in hardship can not fulfill their health and financial needs during their pregnancy. It is quite hard to get treatment services in remote areas. To keep these points in mind, this program was introduced by the Government of India with an aim to provide pregnant women all the treatment as well as financial services. Under the Janani Suraksha Yojana, Poor women will also provided with safe hospital delivery to protect their child from emergencies.As a result of this scheme, there will be reduction in Child as well as Mother death rate.
Key Aspects and Important Points of Janani Suraksha Yojana 2021:-
- Janani Suraksha Yojana is fully central funded framework that provided cash funding.
- Asha has been recognized as a Social Health Partner in this Programme.
- Following the Child birth, information related to Vaccination of mother and Child has been collected and sent time to time for five years.
- The Key focus of the Janani Suraksha Yojana is to establish low-performing states such as Bihar, Odisha,Rajasthan,Jharkhand etc.
- At least two prenatal check-ups will be given free for all women enrolled under Janani Suraksha Yojana 2021.Furthermore, Asha and Anganwadi employees will be provided with similar services in the post-delivery phase.
- Beneficiary Must have Janani Suraksha Yojana Card in order to apply under this scheme.
- Pregnant Women of Rural and Urban areas can avail the benefits of this scheme.
- In this framework, the pregnant women of age 19 or more can only be provided with financial assistance.
- Beneficiary will have to visit the Government or Private hospitals or institutions chosen or listed by the Government.
- The Government will provide the medical as well as financial assistance for two children birth only.
- Beneficiary should belong to below poverty line to avail the benefits of Janani Suraksha Yojana.
- Applicant Aadhaar Card.
- Below Poverty Line Ration Card
- Residential Proof Certificate
- Certificate of Delivery by Government Hospital.
- Applicant Bank Passbook.
- Applicant Passport Size Photo.