The Government of India has launched a new scheme named as “Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana” under which free Gas Cylinders will be given to the eligible (poor and needy) people.The main motive behind the execution of this scheme is to provide the Free LPG Connection to all the BPL or poor families.
Ujjawala Yojana 2.0 :-
Ujjwala Yojana 2.0 has been launched today by our honorable Prime Minister Shri Narender Modi via video conference. At initial phase, the Ujjwala Yojana 2.0 has been initiated from Mahoba district of Uttar Pradesh State where approx. One thousand women will be provided with new LPG Connection.
As a part of Ujjawala Yojana 2.0, beneficiary one will get one cylinder free with the new LPG Connection. The Central Government of India has sanctioned a fixed budget to distribute approx. one crore LPG Connection all over the country under this Ujjawala Yojana 2.0.People who have low income and whose name is not recorded under Ujjwala Yojana first stage will be given priority and offered New LPG Connection.
Beneficiary List of PM Ujjwala Yojana 2.0:-
Below listed are eligible to apply under the PM Ujjwala Yojana:-
- BPL Listed Families.
- SC/ST Households.
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana householders
- Backward Classes
- People Residing in Islands and River islands.
- Listed under Antyodaya Anna Yojana.
Eligibility Criteria to Apply under PM Ujjwala Yojana 2.0:-
- Only women can apply under this scheme
- Age should not be more than 18 years.
- Must Have bank account.
- Name listed in Below Poverty Line or must have BPL Card.
- No LPG Connection on the name of applicant earlier.
Ujjwala Yojana 2.0 – Documents Required to Apply under Ujjwala Yojana 2.0 :-
- Applicant must have their KYC documents with them.
- Applicant Aadhaar Card (As a Proof of Identity as well as Address).
- Applicant Bank Account Details
- Ration Card (Only for Migrant Applicants)
How to Apply for PM Ujjwala Yojana 2.0?
- Visit the official website of Ujjwala Scheme i.e https://www.pmuy.gov.in/ujjwala2.html.
- Click on “Click Here” link as given above.
- On the next page, you will be asked to Choose one Service Provider out of 3.
- Click any one of them i.e between Indane, Bharatgas and HP Gas.
- As soon as you click on one of the service provider, you will be asked whether you are an existing customer or not.
- Tick the No option.
- An application form will open for new LPG Connection.
- Once the details entered, click on Submit option.
- Respective Service Provider/Distributor will contact you for KYC Documents Collection.
- Once the verification process completed, you will be give a new LPG Connection with one cylinder free.