A PAN Card or Permanent Account Number is 10 digit alphanumeric number issued by the Income Tax Department. PAN Card become a most valuable identity Proof used in various Government services and Banking. All the transactions details done by an individual can be monitored by Income Tax Department by using this 10 digit PAN Card Number.
Similar to PAN Card, Aadhaar Card is also most valuable,12 digit number,identity card issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India. This is the only Identity Proof that one can use for both purpose i.e for Proof of Identity and for Proof of Address. This Card contains the demographic and Biometric information of the individual.
Also Check – mAadhaar App
How to Link Aadhaar to PAN Card:-
One can link their Aadhaar Card to PAN Card by just sending a message.
- One just need to Type a message – UIDPAN<12 digit Aadhaar Number><10 digit PAN Card Number>
- Once done,send this text to 567678 or 56161 from the registered Mobile Number.
- Visit the official website of Income Tax e-Filling Portal.
- On the homepage, click on “Link Aadhaar” option under the Quick Links section.
- You will be redirected to below page.
- Visit the official website
- Choose the option “Update Aadhaar/PAN Card Details” from the main page.
- Below page will open in front of you.
- Click the above link. You will be redirected to below page.
- Select the Application type as “Change or Correcting in Existing PAN Card” from drop down menu.
- Enter the details asked.
- Click on Submit Button.
- You will get your Updated PAN Card on your Mailing Address.